Ottawa Tourism Website
Ottawa Visitor Guide
Lots of details on various events and attractions
Cycling in Ottawa
Ottawa is full of unique natural features in an urban setting, like sweeping waterfront parkways, Hogs Back Falls, the Rideau Canal World UNESCO Heritage Site, and so many more. Find out where to rent bikes, good cycling spots, etc. Ottawa has a lot of great bike paths in the city!
Ottawa’s Bike Share
VeloGO Bike Share is the healthy, fun and affordable way to get around the Ottawa-Gatineau area. More information available on: https://www.ottawatourism.ca/ottawa-insider/velogo/ and https://velogo.ca/.
Car Share Services in Ottawa
Using a car share service to get around Ottawa may be something that you’re interested in and you won’t need to worry about additional parking fees at your hotel. Below is some information for the two car share services in Ottawa.
- Accepts Ontario or other Canadian driver’s licenses (except Quebec), but no foreign licences.
- Application approval typically takes 1-2 business days and the VRTUCAR access key will be ready for pick up in their downtown Ottawa office. If you would like your access key mailed to you prior to your arrival in Ottawa, please allow for shipping time.
- $25 CAD non-refundable joining fee.
- Rates start at $7.50/hr or $60/day, depending on the plan you choose (75 km included).
- Gas is included; $3.95/month damage protection is required.
- Visit vrtucar.com for details.
The map above shows the locations of VRTUCAR vehicles available for use around downtown Ottawa. The purple dot indicates the location of the Shaw Centre.
- Accepts foreign driver’s licences.
- Apply at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival in Ottawa. Put a note in your application that you’ll be using ZipCar service in Ottawa (ZipCar has many international locations).
- $30 CAD non-refundable one-time application fee and monthly fee of $7 CAD.
- Rates start at $7.75/hr or $72/day, depending on the plan you choose (200 km included).
- Gas and car insurance are included.
- Visit zipcar.com for details.
The map above shows locations of ZipCar vehicles available for use around downtown Ottawa. The orange marker indicates the Shaw Centre.